For official event announcement please click here.
Platinum & Reception Sponsors
Michigan Cyber Summit 2013
Hosted By Michigan Governor Rick Snyder
Friday, October 25, 2013
8:30am - 4:30PM
The Suburban Collection Showplace
CLICK HERE FOR AGENDA
The Dynamic Speaker Lineup includes:
- Michigan Governor Rick Snyder
- Congressman Mike Rogers (invited), Chairman, U.S. House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Roberta Stempfley, Acting Assistant Secretary, Department of Homeland Security Office of Cybersecurity and Communications
- Cheri Caddy, Director of Cybersecurity Policy Integration and Outreach at National Security Staff, Executive Office of the President
- International Keynote Address
- Major General Gregory Vadnais, Adjutant General, Michigan National Guard and the Director of the Michigan Department of Military and Veterans Affairs
- Michael Kaiser, Executive Director, National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA)
- Brigadier General (ret.) Michael McDaniel, Associate Professor and Director of Homeland Security Law, Thomas M. Cooley Law School
- David Behen, Chief Information Officer, State of Michigan
- Dan Lohrmann, Chief Security Officer, State of Michigan
- Richard Stiennon, Founder of IT Harvest
- Doug Robinson, Executive Director, National Association of State Chief Information Officers (NASCIO)
- Thomas MacLellan, Division Director Homeland Security & Public Safety Division, National Governors Association (NGA)
- Representatives Include: FBI, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, Consumers Energy, University of Michigan, Walsh College, National Science Foundation, GE Capital Americas, Flagstar Bank, and Penske Corporation
- Latest Cybersecurity Threats
- Protecting Your Family on the Internet
- Health Data: Sharing, Securing & Protecting
- Social Media Opportunities & Risks
- The 2013 Cybersecurity Executive Order
- Hands on Cyber Range "Capture the Flag" Exercise
- Cybersecurity and Universities
- And much more...
The Michigan Cyber Summit 2013 is a follow up event to the sold out Michigan Cyber Summit 2011, hosted by Michigan Governor Rick Snyder, which served as the national launch of the October 2011 National Cyber Security Awareness Month.
The main conference is scheduled for October 25th, with invitation-only activities taking place the evening of October 24th. The Summit will bring together experts to address a variety of cyber security issues affecting business, education, information technology, economic development, law enforcement and personal use. The State of Michigan has long been a national leader when it comes to cyber security, having placed a high emphasis on protecting the state’s computer systems and networks. The centralized technology model within state government places Michigan in a strong position to implement security efforts. In addition, the Michigan Information Sharing and Analysis Center (MI-ISAC) was established to address the state’s cyber security readiness and critical infrastructure coordination.
The State of Michigan is a showcase for a national model for public/private partnerships addressing cyber security for its residents. The Summit is a partnership between levels of local, state and federal government such as the Washtenaw County Cyber Citizenship Coalition, State of Michigan Office of the Governor and the National Governors Association as well as many private partners. The agenda for the event will feature recognized speakers and experts from around the country. National-level speakers will be providing solutions during the following five featured tracks:
• Track #1: Business
• Track #2: Education
• Track #3: Home Users/Families
• Track #4: Law Enforcement
• Track #5: Government
• Track #6: Michigan Cyber Range Exercise
Michigan Cyber Range Exercise
Capture the Flag exercise: Demonstrate your Cyber Security Skills
The Michigan Cyber Range presents a unique opportunity for you to demonstrate your cyber skills in a test of speed, knowledge, and technique.
Called a Cyber Gymkhana, this event puts participants in a realistic information environment within the Michigan Cyber Range. Participants must navigate through a heterogeneous information system finding clues and collecting flags. CG’s real-time scoring system tracks the flags and displays a leaderboard of scores so participants can gauge their progress through the event.
The Cyber Gymkhana environment is highly adaptable and is intended for individuals of all skill levels.
Limited registrations accepted. If you are interested in participating in this exercise, please choose the “Michigan Cyber Range” track upon registering for the event.
A challenge coin will be awarded to the WINNER!
Please check back for speaker announcements and up-to-date agenda information.
Discounted overnight accommodations are available at the Hyatt Place Hotel, 46080 Grand River, Novi, Michigan 48374. Hyatt Place is located directly next to Suburban Collection Showplace. The room rate is $139 per night (plus applicable taxes). To make a reservation please call 1-800-233-1234 and mention code G-ES13.